Hello and welcome to the new issue of R Weekly!
Digested by R Weekly Members
R in the Real World
R in Organization
R in Academia
Videos and Podcasts
- Learn to Analyze Big Data with R - Free Course
- Learning R programming by reading books: A book list #rstats
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Ggplot2 in R
New Packages and Tools
- pushoverr - R Phone Home: Notifications with pushoverr
- fauxpas - HTTP conditions package
- elasticsearchr - a Lightweight Elasticsearch Client for R
- subprocess - A new subprocess package for #RStats
- ggguitar - This package allows you to create guitar tablature in the style of ggplot2.
- Santa’s Little Helper – a function for randomly assigning Secret Santa presents
- datapasta - Datapasta provides three Rstudio addins that give you complete freedom copy and paste data into your RStudio scource editor.
commonmark - High Performance CommonMark and Github Markdown Rendering in R
pdfsearchadds the ability to do keyword searches on pdf files.
BERT - a newcomer in the R Excel connection
- Microsoft R Open 3.3.2 - Microsoft’s distribution of open source R.
- D3PartitionR 0.3.0 - Plotting D3 Hierarchical Plots in R and Shiny
- anytime 0.1.1 - anytime is a very focussed package aiming to convert anything in integer, numeric, character, factor, ordered … format to POSIXct (or Date) objects.
R Project Updates
Updates from R Core.
Check customization via environment variables to detect side effects of
.External()calls which alter their arguments is described in §8 of the
The Just In Time byte code compiler is now enabled by default at level 3. For now, the compiler will not compile code containing explicit calls to
browser(): this is to support single stepping from the
JIT compilation can be disabled using
compiler::enableJIT(0)or by setting environment variable
rstudio::conf 2017 January 13 and 14, 2017
The conference about all things R and RStudio.