Hello and welcome to the new issue of R Weekly!
Digested by R Weekly Members
Where to Go from Here? Tips for Building Up R Experience - So I do have a lot of students ask me, “How did you get so good at R?”
- Using R to Analyse Linked Data
- Interacting With Amazon Athena from R
- Using replyr::let to Parameterize dplyr Expressions
- Visualizing geospatial data with your own GeoJSON
- Reading a Table from Yahoo Finance
- Highlighting R code for the web
- The current state of R support in Atom
- Where to Go from Here? Tips for Building Up R Experience - So I do have a lot of students ask me, “How did you get so good at R?”
- How important is that variable?
- k-fold cross validation with modelr and broom
Pipe Dream - Do you continually substitute
+when switching between data wrangling?
- Who Made the News? Text Analysis using R, in 7 steps
- Non-linear dynamics and chaos using R (1)
- Be careful evaluating model predictions
- Forecast double seasonal time series with multiple linear regression in R
- Cross-validation for time series
- Outlier detection and treatment with R
- How to set up your own R blog with Github pages and Jekyll Bootstrap
- Parametric variable names and dplyr
- scatterpie for plotting pies on ggplot
- Structural Equation Modelling in R (Part 1)
- Why time series forecasts prediction intervals aren’t as good as we’d hope
- 2016-15 Automating R Demonstration Videos
R in Real World
- Top 5 R Package Maintainers
- I made a map of all the U.S. waterbodies using R
- Break from Unpaid Open Source - I absolutely love working on open source, and I understand that I never ever expected to get anything back from those contributions. However, this cost/benefit analysis doesn’t reconcile and is in absolutely no way sustainable.
- Fantasy Value So Far This Year: ADP vs VOR
- Got ticked off about skittles posts, so I decided to make a proper analysis for /r/dataisbeautiful
- In case you missed it: November 2016 roundup
- Visualizing 15k Instagram Posts with TrelliscopeJS
- the incredible accuracy of Stirling’s approximation
- Secret Santa Picker 2 using R
- Optimization matchup: R’s glpkAPI vs Julia’s JuMP
- Stylometry: Identifying authors of texts using R
- Survey on Data Science In Two Year Colleges
- Solar PVC Growth from One Time Investment: A Monte Carlo Analysis Shiny App
- Crime Analysis – Denver-Part 3
R in Organization
Videos and Podcasts
- R Course Finder December update!
- Model Performance in Data Science Live Book
- New: Italian and German Translations of Introduction to R
New Packages and Tools
- languagelayerR — Language detection in R
- ztype — How fast can you type R functions?
- TOSTER - TOST equivalence testing R package (TOSTER) and spreadsheet.
- aws.polly - Speech Synthesis (Text-to-Speech) from AWS Polly
- notifier - Cross platform desktop notifications from R
- November Package Picks
- tesseract 1.3 - Tesseract Update: Options and Languages
RcppAPT 0.0.3 - interface from R to the C++ library behind the awesome
- Microsoft R Server 9.0 - Microsoft R Server 9.0 now available
- dplyrXdf 0.90 - dplyrXdf is a package that brings dplyr pipelines and data transformation verbs to Microsoft R Server’s xdf files.
- pdftools 1.0 - Pdftools provides utilities for extracting text, fonts, attachments and other data from PDF files.
R Project Updates
Updates from R Core.
Sys.timezone()now returns non-NA also on platforms such as
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS.
format(x)for an illegal
xno longer segfaults.
Failure to create file in
pdf()graphics device no longer errors (then later segfaults). There is now a warning instead of error and compression is turned off for the device.
"|"returns only S3 methods.
rstudio::conf 2017 January 13 and 14, 2017
The conference about all things R and RStudio.